I have a Windows Server 2016 virtual machine running on VirtualBox and I am trying to add the Hyper-V role on that VM using the Add roles and features wizard. I get the following error message after i click install.
Hyper-V cannot be installed: The processor does not have the required virtualization capabilities
On the VM setting unders System->Acceleration i have the following settings:
Paravirtualization Interface: Hyper-V
Hardware Virtualization: Enable VT-x/AMD-v (checked)
Enable Nested Paging (checked)
Is there any other settings i need to change?
Open Powershell in your virtual machine and run the following two commands and then restart your VM.
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V –All -NoRestart
Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-Hyper-V-Tools -IncludeAllSubFeature
Why the hell does this work but not doing it the standard way XD
Got dam computers why you weird.
Hello there, it worked but there are no Components running in service for creating VM in Hyper-V, that it not help well. That is frustrating :(
Thanks Ryan Genius ;) it's been 3weeks looking for solution :)
Hyper-V cannot be installed: The processor does not have the required virtualization capabilities same errror im getting using vrtual box
It keeps saying that its spelled wrong but I've typed it exactly as you have it.
- Thanks Ryan 5 months ago
- Unbelievable ! Ryan, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. 1 year ago
- Nice!!!!! That worked successfully! 1 year ago
- Wow! that worked without any complains :) thanks 1 year ago
- Hi - worked for me - thank you! 1 year ago
- THANK YOU SIRE!!! 1 year ago
- It worked man . YOU are a SAVIOUR :) 1 year ago
- It worked for me. 1 year ago
- Thanks for that, Sorted it for me 1 year ago
- Thanks - Ehab 1 year ago